Applications must be received by 5 p.m. EST on Friday, March 8, 2019. Letters of recommendation must be received by 5 p.m. EST on Tuesday, March 12, 2019. No exceptions to deadlines are granted. Safari is not a recommended browser. NB: For the application procedures and deadlines in the Department of Economics and the Department of Anthropology, see the job announcement.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Dissertation table of contents
- Two-page statement of research interests outlining the goals of the research you will undertake during the term of the fellowship
- Two-page statement of teaching interests and philosophy
- One-to-two page diversity statement, in which you share how your past, planned, or potential contributions or experiences relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion will advance the University of Pittsburgh’s commitment to inclusive excellence
- Writing sample or excerpt of no more than 20 pages including references and appendices. (Economics: Job Market Paper, no length restrictions)
- Course proposal including the subject area, a brief syllabus and proposed methods for a 15-week course directed towards advanced undergraduate or graduate students
- Three letters of recommendation (Applicants must submit the names and e-mail addresses of three recommenders via the application page. Each recommender will receive an e-mail prompt with a link to upload the letter; applicants will receive a confirmation email as each letter is uploaded. It is the applicant’s responsibility to coordinate with recommenders so that they have ample time to upload after the applicant submits his or her application. Letters will not be accepted by direct e-mail or postal mail, nor will they be accepted after March 12, 2019, at 5 p.m. EST. Applicants who use Interfolio’s online application delivery system need to apply several days before the deadline to ensure that letters arrive on time. Any applicant who has not completed the PhD at the time of application should request that at least one recommender confirm his/her expected oral defense date (if any) and graduation date in his/her reference letter.
Applicants may only apply for a single position below:
For a list of Dietrich School faculty members whom you may propose as mentors on the application form, access the faculty directory.