Applications must be received by 5 p.m. EST on February 12, 2016. Letters of recommendation must be received by 5 p.m. EST on February 19, 2016. No exceptions to deadlines are granted. Safari is not a recommended browser.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Dissertation table of contents
- Two-page statement of research interests outlining the goals of the research you will undertake during the term of the fellowship
- Two-page statement of teaching interests, including the titles of standard courses you are prepared to teach
- Writing sample or excerpt of no more than 20 pages including references and appendices. (Applicants to Economics may submit larger samples.)
- Course proposal including the subject area, a brief syllabus and proposed methods for a 15-week course directed towards advanced undergraduate or graduate students.
- Three letters of recommendation (Applicants must submit the names and e-mail addresses of three recommenders via the application page. Each recommender will receive an e-mail prompt with a link to upload the letter; applicants will receive a confirmation email as each letter is uploaded. It is the applicant’s responsibility to coordinate with recommenders so that they have ample time to upload after the applicant submits his or her application. Letters will not be accepted by direct e-mail or postal mail, nor will they be accepted after February 19 at 5 p.m. EST. Applicants who use Interfolio’s online application delivery system need to apply several days before the deadline to ensure that letters arrive on time. Any applicant who has not completed the PhD at the time of application should request that at least one recommender confirm his/her expected graduation date in his/her reference letter. Applicants to Economics will submit letters according to the instructions in the American Economic Association job portal.)
Apply for a Dietrich School Postdoctoral Fellowship with the Humanities Center.
For answers to questions about Dietrich School Humanities Center Postdoctoral Fellowships that are not covered in the FAQs, contact Julianna Murphy at email@example.com. NOTE: The Dietrich School is conducting a separate competition for scholars in History, who should apply at the History link below.
Department of History
View the Dietrich School Social Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowship job announcement for the Department of History and apply.
For answers to questions about Dietrich School Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Department of History that are not covered in the FAQs, contact Kathy Gibson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department of Economics
Apply for a Dietrich School Social Sciences Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Department of Economics.
For answers to questions about Dietrich School Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Department of Economics that are not covered in the FAQs, contact Georgia Spears at email@example.com.